Due: Tuesday (1/31/16)
Floating around in the cytoplasm of a cell are small structures called organelles. Like the organs in your own body, each one carries out a specific function necessary for the cell to survive. In order to survive, the cell must be able to interact with its surroundings, use energy, produce materials, and manage waste.
You will create a poster that compares a living plant cell and its organelles to city, school, factory, restaurant, ballpark, theme park, etc. The place you choose must use energy, produce substances and manage waste. The organelles will represent the parts of your place that carries out these processes. You can choose to use a city and the analogies given in class, but you are encouraged to be creative and create new analogies for each organelle.
Your poster should include the following:
- Creative title with the word “cell” somewhere in it
- Have the shape of a plant cell
- All parts of the “city” should be labeled with the organelle name and analogy you chose to represent it (put parentheses around the organelle name)
- Demonstrate creativity and neatness with full color
- Include all of the organelles listed on the attached sheet and the appropriate analogies